Saturday, October 23, 2010

ZOMG That's Healthy!

Sometime over the past year, my most favouritest recipe site Recipezaar.com was bought out or possibly won over a foolish ultimate frisbee bet. All I know is that now it is called food.com and is a giant pain in the ass to navigate and is constantly giving me HTTP errors when I am trying to do something so offensive as save recipes to my profile (the nerve I have!). To that end, I'm starting a segment called "ZOMG That's Healthy! Recipes" (name inspired by my Lil' Sister).

Recipe The First: Tom's Tasty Breakfast Pancake

3/4 cup Quaker oats

1/2 cup egg whites

1/2 cup milk (or milk alternative)

Cinnamon (to taste)

Nutmeg (to taste)

A sprinkle of brown sugar (if you want to be a little bad)

*You'll probably want to play with the quantities to get it right for you and how much pancake you want to eat in the morning (does that sound dirty?)*


1. Combine ingredients in a bowl the night before (probably at 1:30am because you're busy playing video games).

2. Put bowl in fridge. Go to sleep. Snore and steal all blankets.

3. Stumble out of bed after alarm goes off for the third time. Dump contents of bowl in small frying pan and set on medium heat. Wander off until you smell burning, or until you can use a spatula under the edges of pancake and it doesn't call apart. Flip. Cooking time will depend on how big your pancake is (I can hear LiLu saying "TWSS").

4. Eat. Don't be hungry again for at least an hour if you're Tom, never be hungry again if you're me (hooray!).

2 comments:

  1. haha so you're a blanket thief are you?

    If I steal the blankets Ooga (my stuffed gorilla) gets cranky in the morning.

    Then he tells me to burn things.

    On an unrelated note, if anyone asks, I was with you on Friday between 3 and 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nuh uh, this is a Tom recipe. He is the blanket thief! I swear, in the mornings (I get up and leave before he wakes up) he looks like a mummy all wrapped up and surrounded by pillows. I sometimes have to dig him out to make sure he is still there and didn't leave a Tom-shaped pillow decoy to fool me. Then I remember that he couldn't get up early to save his life, so that seems unlikely, even if he was sneaking out to eat McNuggets or something.

    ReplyDelete