Sunday, October 3, 2010

Today


Today, I hit my breaking point.

You know the days when everything feels wrong? That was today. Today I felt like I was a stranger in my own body, with no control over what happened to me. This isn't just about weight loss; it's about reclaiming my body, my sense of self and my life. Today I begin a 12-week journey that I will stick to – no matter what.

About Me:

I'm a 23 year-old female, a graduate of the University of Toronto, a young professional, an editor, a reader, a writer, an athlete, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a cousin, a niece, a granddaughter, and a partner.

I suffered a knee injury in the spring which has left me overweight, and I am determined to change that. 

My Goals:

Food & Drink:

I will…
·       Eat five meals a day, balanced with protein, complex carbohydrates, veggies and fruits
·       Drink 3 litres of water a day
·       Eat only one refined carb per day (1 slice of whole grain toast)
·       Be allowed one cheat day a week where I can relax on the "I will not" list

I will not…
·       Drink alcohol (sigh), coffee (SOB), or pop
·       Eat anything processed
·       Overdo it on my cheat days

Exercise
I will…
·       Work out five days a week, aiming for six
·       Weight train twice a week
·       Do cardio three times a week
·       Do yoga one day a week
·       Put in 110% (just for you, baby) effort into these workouts

I will not…
·       Use my bad knee as a excuse

Personal
I will…
·       Weigh and measure in every Monday
·       Take progress photos on the first Monday of every month
·       Stick to my financial budget, because money stress = FAT ME
·       Take the supplements that keep my thyroid happy, and me less certifiable

Let's see how drastically I can change my life.

1 comment:

  1. Go kick some ass E3!

    I expect a few FMLs to come out of this too :P

    ReplyDelete